Estimated reading time: 1 min
Requirements for Digital Cinema Packages | DCP
DCP Image Format
The images shall be compressed with JPEG2000 ACTIVE IMAGE ONLY per the DCI specification and shall have the following attributes:
- 4:4:4 12 bits per sample, X’Y’Z’ color space, DCI-P3 Color gamut Image sizes:
- 2K scope: 2048 x 858
- 2K flat: 1998 x 1080
- 4K scope: 4096 x1716
- 4K flat: 3996 x 2160
DCP Audio Format
The audio files shall have the following attributes:
- Files must be in reels matching the image file reels
- The sampling clock rate shall be exactly 48,000.000 Hz or 48 KHz at exactly 24 fps
- Reference level shall be -20dbfs
The DCP files shall be wrapped using the MXF Interop for DCI. The DCP shall consist of the following types of files:
- Vol Index
- Packing List (PKL)
- Composition Playlist (CPL)s
- MXF Wrapped image track file(s)
- MXF Wrapped audio track file(s)
The image and audio files shall be in sync.
Image files shall be wrapped from the JPEG2000 compressed image files or equivalent.
Audio files shall be wrapped for 5.1 sound with the following channel assignments:
- Channel 1—Left
- Channel 2—Right
- Channel 3—Center
- Channel 4—LFE
- Channel 5—Left Surround
- Channel 6—Right Surround
If two (2) channels of sound (Stereo—LtRt) are required, a separate CPL shall be used within the same DCP.
The DCP file name must follow proper digital cinema naming convention. Reference
Media for DCP delivery
The files shall be delivered on an external hard drive with an USB3 interface using EXT2 or EXT3 Linux file system.
Trailers shall be delivered on USB Thumb Drive.